What are cookies?
Cookies are small files which are stored on a visitor’s computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular browser and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. This allows the server to deliver a webpage tailored to a particular visitor, or the page itself can contain some script which is aware of the data in the cookie and so is able to carry information from your visit to a website to the next.
There is a lot of concern about privacy and security on the internet. Cookies do not in themselves present a threat to privacy, since they can only be used to store information that the user has volunteered to offer or that the web server already has.
What kind of cookies are used in this website?
Cookies to save browsing preferences and to optimize the visitor’s browsing experience. Among these technical cookies are, for example, those to set the language and the currency preference or for the management of members accounts and users comments.
Cookies for statistical purposes – Google Analytics
These cookies are set to let us see how visitors use the website and where their visits to the website originated. This anonymous information is useful for improving our website and aligning it better to your needs of our visitors. Learn more about Google Analytics cookies.
Because the detail of these cookies may change, we have listed some information and links about the respective third parties below. The actual cookies may also vary depending on whether or not you are logged into social media sites when browsing our website.
Facebook ‘Like’ Button: We use this to let people easily promote articles to their friends via Facebook.
Twitter ‘Tweet’ Button: We use this to let people easily promote articles to their friends via Twitter.
Google +1 Button: We use this to let people easily promote articles to their friends via the Google +1 service.
How can I manage the installation of Cookies?
A visitor can manage his / her own preferences for cookies directly from within his / her browser and prevent – for example – third parties from installing them. Through the browser preferences, it is also possible to delete cookies installed in the past, including the cookies that might possibly have saved the consent for the installation of cookies by this or any other website. It is important to note that by disabling all cookies, the functionality of this website may be altered with a negative impact on appearance or ease of use. Users can find information about how to manage cookies in their browser at the following addresses:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Windows Explorer
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on
*If you use another browser, look for cookies configuration in its options settings.
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. All information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.