Explore Athens with the comfort of a small group. Enjoy a semi-private shore excursion in Athens from Piraeus cruise port with a licensed English speaking tour guide
For small groups
Are you arriving in Piraeus port (Athens) on a cruise ship? You have just visited the right place for you! Athens Shore Excursion has designed exclusively for small groups, a semi-private tour guided by an English-speaking licensed tour guide, traveling in a luxury Mercedes minibus fully air-conditioned.
This small group semi-private shore excursion allows you to relax, see and enjoy much more of Athens, our fantastic city. Explore and enjoy thoroughly Athens’ nature, history, culture, myths, geology, and beauty. For the discerning traveler; taking the essence and soul of ‘The Golden Age of Athens’ is a very special experience.
Highlights of Awesome Small Group Semi-Private Athens Shore Excursion 8-h
- Eight-hour semi-private guided tour in Athens by minivan
- English-speaking tour guide with an official license by the state
- Your tour starts from your cruise ship, pier and drops you at the same place again
- Visit the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the New Acropolis museum
- Walk in the picturesque neighborhood of Plaka
Description of the guided shore excursion in Athens
Your guide will pick you up from your pier in Piraeus cruise port holding a sign. Starting from Piraeus, a detailed tour will be held out, by the professional, English-speaking tour guide that will be accompanying you to all sites and museums that you will visit.
During the semi-private tour, you will stop and visit: the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, the Caryatids, the Herodion theater, the ruins of the Theater of Dionysus, Areopagus (the Mars Hill).
Next, you will visit the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Panathenaic Stadium (first modern Olympic Games in 1896) for a short break to take photographs there.
We will also visit the Lycabettus Hill, the Old Palace, the Academy, the National Library and the First University of Athens, the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier and The Changing of The Guards, as well as the Hellenic Parliament.
The ancient Greek Agora, in other words, the center of the athletic, political, and spiritual life of the ancient Greek city-state, will be the next place for you to visit.
It is time now to visit the picturesque alleys of Plaka and some free time to taste the delicious traditional Greek cuisine will follow.
After lunch, you will visit the Acropolis Museum.
The New Acropolis Museum is one of the most extraordinary museums in the city. Visiting the New Acropolis Museum will definitely be a lifetime experience for you.
* On Mondays and during winter time our visit to The New Acropolis Museum is replaced by a visit to the National Archaeological Museum, the largest archaeological museum in Greece and one of the most important museums in the world devoted to ancient Greek art.
- Tours Available from April 1 to November 30
- December to March: upon request
- Small groups – Book on time
Price: 65.00€ per person
Deposit: 30€ per person
Participants: Minimum 6 and maximum of 16 people, and in case of not the minimum participation we will inform you 15 days prior to the tour.
Meeting: Pick up & drop off from your ship dock as per the vouchers instructions, and the indicated time on the voucher. The maximum waiting time will be twenty (20) minutes. If you miss the minibus please contact the emergency numbers so as to give you directions on how you will meet the group in the city center. You will have to pay the transportation expenses on your own to the city center of Athens.
Excluded in the Tour
- Entrance fees per person
- Children under the age of eighteen (18) do not pay entrance fees.
- Lunch in Plaka is optional
Shared Semi-Private Tours Cancellation Policy
- Shared tour bookings canceled up to 15 days prior to the agreed date and time receive a full refund.
- 100% cancellation fees apply for any tour bookings canceled within the last 15 days prior to the arrival date.
- Of course, if for any unforeseen reason the ship does not dock at the port, then there will be a full refund.